BE A PANELIST AT FANDOMFEST!
Do you want to host a panel or event at Fandomfest Comic Expo? Share your love of fandom and help us make this the best Fandomfest ever!
Panels are discussions, lectures, show and tell or rants about any and all parts of fandom. Comic Books, Anime, Cosplay, Animation, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Steampunk, Video Games, etc… If you have a specialty and want to talk about it, an area of expertise in fandom and you want to share it with the con, we’d love for you to submit a panel for consideration. We appreciate all ideas, no matter how big or small, but if your panel has logistical needs, please indicate it completely on your form. We will try our best to accommodate your panel.
Please be aware this is a commitment you are making. So if you decide to submit a Panel Request form, please make sure that you CAN present the panel. Once we make the schedule, we are depending upon you to show up on time and run your panel. If anything happens and you can’t make your panel, notify us immediately. Also, if you’re not really comfortable speaking in front of people, then chairing a panel may not be for you. Remember, the normal length of a panel is an hour, so we’d like to stress the need for outgoing people with a good base of knowledge to draw from.
1. Panel Request deadlines are
EARLY Panel & Event Registration deadline is April 2, 2017
REGULAR Panel & Event Registration deadline is April 20, 2017
LATE Panel & Event Registration dealine is MAY 20, 2017
The earlier you submit your panel, the better chance you have of approval and a good time slot. No panels will be approved after June 1, 2017. No exceptions. If you would like to host your own panel, it’s easy! Just fill out the form below and submit to us for consideration.
2. Preparation goes a long way. Be sure you complete your request form completely and accurately. Check to ensure that your topic is relevant, your descriptions accurately match your panel’s title and content, and show us that you have put a great deal of thought into your presentation.
3. Panels should reflect an aspect of the fandoms we represent. Fandomfest does reserve the right to reject panels if we feel the material is not appropriate for our convention.
4. Make sure your panel is appropriate. We pride ourselves on being family friendly, which means that your panel is not demeaning, rude, embarrassing, or derogatory to anyone.
5. Guest panels have priority. Because scheduling for these panels can be erratic and take up much of ‘prime-time’ programming between Noon and five pm on Saturday and Sunday, being flexible on your scheduling increases the chances we will find an acceptable time-slot for your panel.
6. Notify us immediately of any changes or problems as soon as they arise.
7. It is the responsibility of the panelist to meet with the AV team at the convention at least an hour before their panel starts if they wish to use computers or other devices in their panel. Please note that Fandomfest does NOT provide laptops in the panel rooms.
8. Be respectful to Fandomfest staff, volunteers, and the other panelists.
9. Start on time and end on time. All panels should end in enough time for you to clean up and remove your materials so the next panel can start on time.
10. Be a registered attendee at Fandomfest. Panelists do not receive a pass for the convention unless they host (3) panels over the course of the weekend. If you do not host (3) panels over the weekend, you are required to purchase a badge. Panelists who host 3 or more panels will be granted (1) full weekend panelist badge.
11. Fandomfest will notify all panelists if their panel has been accepted by June 1, 2017.
12. Every attempt will be made to ensure that the Panelist/s will be scheduled for their preferred day and time, and Fandomfest will also attempt to avoid scheduling the Panelist/s for any major events that the Panelist may have an interest in attending, though no guarantees can be made. Make sure to note any event that you do not want to miss on the Panel Request Form.
13. Fandomfest will provide AV support, within reason. Please note that laptops are NOT provided. We strongly encourage you to have a back-up plan because regardless of how well you or we plan things can go off schedule. If you do not inform us of an AV need at the time of your panel submission your panel could be cancelled.
14. Please prepare. If you forget something. It's on your end. Don't get upset at our staff because of your lack of preparation. Just roll with it and make the panel as great as you can. No one likes a frustrated panelist.